Sunday 26 November 2017

It's been a long time coming...

M113's being painted up!



...but I am finally back!

The last year has been a bit of a wild ride for me, in the ups and downs of life there has been more "down" than "up" in this case.  However; on the bright side my new study as a Pharmacy student is very enjoyable and I hope I have sorted everything for the first year!

Miniature wise, painting took a solid back seat to getting my head back into the study space, so not as much model work has been done this year than I wanted.  Also still looking for employment here means I have to obviously prioritise the time I have with that over more enjoyable activities!  Nonetheless, I have still managed to do some work up here on the models, and got back into it today!

I have started painting more of my 'Army of Legais' forces.  Legais is another fake nation used in training by the Australian army, a lot of their kit is essentially the Australian Army in Vietnam - so older era Centurion tanks, M113s and a few basic armoured cars.

I updated these designs by incorporating some updated M113's (similar to the Danish PNMK upgrade - a turret with an autocannon on a M113 chassis), upgrading the Centurions to be South African Olifant tanks, and have also included some South African G6 artillery.

This is only a quick update, I will give a more detailed painting guide once I finish this batch! :)
An Olifant halfway through painting, and two already completed!
A more side-on view of the completed models.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work mate! That lime green looks foul, but comes up a treat.
    I'm always impressed by your ability to mix and match random bits to produce interesting, well thought out units.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude! You're going to love the next few updates then! My painting time may have been cut short, but let's just say that the experimentation side of things hasn't taken a back seat! :)

    ReplyDelete